Saturday, March 03, 2012

Crochet hearts

Adventures in Crochet. The story continues...

I have pinned over 300 crochet patterns and tutorials on Pinterest! Plus almost 100 in my crochet inspiration board (ie - pretty things without patterns). With all that inspiration and instruction I should be set for a while! Well I'm proud to say I used a tutorial to crochet something! YIPPEE! I used the tutorial via this pin. It uses the US names for the stitches (same as the book that taught me to crochet) but if you want the UK names I think the tutorial via this pin is what you want.


The little ones aren't too bad, I just need some practice to neaten them up a bit. It was funny making the hearts - I had no idea which part of the heart I was working on and it was cool to see it finally materialise. After I'd done the two small ones I decided to follow the tutorial for the big one. It's very wonky tho LOL. I need to try that again. I'd had enough by the time I'd done those three so I'll have to practice again another time. I'm still VEEEEEERY slow!

If you're not a member of Pinterest and want to join just let me know and I can "invite" you. Then you can have access immediately. I think you can join without an invitation but it takes longer (apparently...). You can still view pins without being a member tho - you just can't pin anything yourself.

4 comments:

Lotti said...

Love your little crocheted hearts, very pretty. Practice makes perfect so they say.

Unknown said...

Yay!!!
Well done they look great (the big one is tension i think)and a pretty purple too.

Charlotte said...

Woo hoo!!
Yay for doing a crochet pin! They are cute!!

Sheree said...

Well done Yvette...they look great!!

Sheree xx