Friday, August 16, 2013

Sewing

My sister in law Karen is due to have her first baby in a few weeks time. Last weekend Tassy and I went to Karen's baby shower at her parents' restaurant a few hours away from here.  We had a really fun road trip out there with my sister in law Bubby!

Mikey and Karen have had a great time decorating the nursery and since they've used one of my favourite colour combos - grey and yellow - I thought I would make a few things for the baby in the same colours.


I made a little patchwork taggie (terrible job of aligning seams Yvette!), a dummer keeper for the pram and a little elf.  I'm very selective about who I give handmade gifts to.  I think some people just think I'm cheap and don't appreciate all the work that goes in, but since Karen had been buying some things for the baby from Etsy I thought she might appreciate these.  I was so happy they were well received. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic!
Moi x

Granny Janny said...

I love what you did for Karen, and so fantastic that she appreciated them too. Great to make someone something that you like as well, like the colour scheme. It makes the job so much more enjoyable.
Love Mum