Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Canberra Show photos and a change ahead...

But first, here are some pics from the Canberra Show (see my previous post for more info).

If you look closely at Tassy in the first photo you can sort of see that one of her eyes is a funny shape. We were at the shops the day before the Show and I glanced at Tassy and immediately thought she looked strange. I picked her up and looked at her face and one of her eyes had suddenly swelled up, from the nose across the eye. She looked like an extra from a werewolf movie. I freaked out (internally) and said to Dave we were going straight to the doctor. He saw her pretty quickly and said it was probably an infection. We got a prescription for an eye ointment (not easy to apply to a 4yo!) and within 24 hours her eye was pretty much normal. It was the weirdest thing. And so sudden.

Well my life may be about to change dramatically. I may be returning to work part time! I have been a stay at home mother for nearly five years now so this is a huge thing for me. There is a particular job that I'm applying for, and my chances should be pretty good - it's practically the same job I used to do. It's still in the early stages, but fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Mardi said...

All the very best on the job front Yvette.....I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear.
Loved the Cnaberra show photos....it looks just like I pictured it in my mind....
Mardi x

Jolene Pienaar said...

oh wow! glad the eye healed quickly!
Love the photos and good luck on the work front!

Anonymous said...

It's always scrary when unexpected things like that happen to your kids, my Ruby stepped on a bee a little while ago, that was pretty scary too because I wasn't 100 % sure that it was a bee until I saw the sting.
Good luck with the job, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Glad Tassy's eye is better. It does look a little strange. I wonder what it was a reaction to or infection from. Thats really exciting about the job! I'll be praying for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures from the show. I hope Tassy's eye is better now.
I hope all works out for you with the job. Good luck.
Fiona
x