Friday, November 10, 2006

So stoked!

I've been dying to share this! My absolute favourite and most inspirational scrapper Kim Archer runs online classes, as I'm sure you already know. I was super lucky to score a seat on her first class in January and have loved all her classes. Recently Kim decided to try something different and have some guest designers help with different versions of the class layouts. Well I was SO incredibly stoked to be one of the guest designers, along with my pal Mardi, Julie, Fiona and Janelle. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face :) My assignment was to do a girly 12x12 version following Kim's instructions (some girls' assignment's were to put their own spin on it). And here's my layout, which I love! Love these bright colours and I love the Hippie/Romani range of BG papers.
I sent off my submission for the Scrapboxx Design Team comp. I'm stoked to get thru to round 4. They are halving the number who goes thru to each round so there's only ever a 50/50 chance of getting thru! Hopefully we won't be kept in suspense for too long this time :)

Well dialup is causing me grief so I'd better attempt to post this entry before I lose it altogether! Bring on ADSL.... where are you???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Yvette,

Congrats on the guest designer gig. How cool is that? That is awesome! I am doing the happy dance with you...

Gorgeous design Yvette! I love how you did the edges of the photo!

Wishing you luck with boxx... I am sure you will do just fine!

Hugs from across the pond!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your layout Yvette...looks SUPER!!!

JULIEx

Anonymous said...

Yvette, Kim sure chose well, this layout is beautiful!

Good luck with the next round of the Boxx, I have no doubt you will be through and I hope ADSL arrives before you throw the computer out the window in frustration.

Have a great weekend!

Jolene Pienaar said...

Wow Yvette, that LO is just mind blowing! The colours are so rich and bright which perfectly suits the photo. WOW!

Good luck with the next DT round!

Mardi said...

Yvette...love your layout....its just gorgeous...didnt they look awesome all together...and wasnt it great fun!
Hurry up and get ADSL....I want you back!!
Mardi x

Anonymous said...

Well done on the design team comp. I know you can do it... you're an awesome scrapper!!
Sorry to hear Tassy's still not 100%. Hope she recovers fully and soon. LOVED her drawing! She's so clever!!