Friday, December 14, 2012

Gingerbread (edible and not)

Every year I buy the gingerbread house kit from Aldi - once I bought the train which was cute too. None of us like gingerbread to eat, we just like to make it look pretty... and then eat the lollies. Surprisingly I think they look pretty different each year. This red and green one from a few years ago is a favourite.

We made this one last weekend.




I printed some cardstock gingerbread houses from this blog. They are absolutely adorable! If you want a super quick and easy craft to do with kids, this is it! Just cut, fold and glue-stick. They would be cute with some glitter added too... in fact... I only just thought of that, so I might go and do it!



2 comments:

Lea said...

Very cute how was your time away. Are you doing cookie swap this year

Granny Janny said...

Yvette, I love the roof on your ginerbread house. So intricate.
It has become a little tradition for you and Tassy even though no one eats it.
I love the card gingerbread houses. They are just gorgeous. Glitter on them would be beautiful.
Love Mum