Saturday, July 16, 2011

Making Flatbread

So another new thing we wanted to cook in the school holidays was flat bread. I LOVE fresh flat bread (naan......mmmmmm) and when it dawned on me that I'd seen glimpses of some of the Masterchef cooks make it a few times in a limited timeframe I thought hey, I should give it a go! I decided on this recipe, gave it a quick scan and saw that I had to rest it for 30 minutes. OK.... I think I can get it done just in time to have with our Massaman Curry for dinner (I know, different cuisines, but I figured they went nicely together).

So I set to work and left the mixture to stand for 30 minutes, then read the rest of the recipe. Turns out... I should have read the whole recipe first. Cos there's a total resting time of two hours! Do'h! Anyway, I did remove a bit of the mixture without resting it for long and cooked it up for dinner and it was actually pretty good! The recipe made OODLES of flatbread. About 8 pieces, each about the size of a large dinner plate. We had plent of leftovers. And reheating them later I discovered that they didn't like being reheated in the frypan (they went tough) but wrapped in foil in the oven was a winner.

It was so cool how it bubbled when it cooked.



Tassy's enjoying reheated leftovers with some roast vegetable soup. Yummo!


2 comments:

Sheree said...

Yum! Looks delicious Yvette!

Sheree xx

Liz said...

Ohh you are much more adventurous than me!! I can't handle anything bread unless its in a breadmaker!! WHat a cheat! ha
Looks super yummy, as does the soup!