Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally!

I finally finished the quilt I started about six months ago. Admittedly the quilter had it for about 14 weeks but she finished with it about six weeks ago and I just didn't get around to binding it. I don't know why - it doesn't really take very long. But I finished it yesterday! HOORAY! I do love it. I totally think it doesn't go with Tassy's pink wall but I don't care. I took these photos when I picked up the quilt from the quilters, before I did the binding.

I really love the back of the quilt. Maaaaaybe even more than the front. And it goes nicely in Tassy's room too.

One reason I made this quilt was that the last quilt I made had lots of hand stitching so you can't sit on it. This one is fully machine stitched so it's perfect for sitting on. :)

You can see the quilting design in this photo. I was a bit overwhelemed with all the designs available! Luckily the quilter gave me lots of guidance and we ended up with this one. It's perfect cos it's a similar pattern to the orange fabric and it's pretty much the same design I used to doodle on my school folders in high school! I don't know if I'll get any more quilts professionally quilted because it's so expensive but this one I made with that intention.

And here it is with the binding. Three cheers for a finished project!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh My!! I LOVE IT!!
Both sides, its gorgeous!

Janelle Wind said...

Three cheers from me, I LOVE your quilt, it is gorgeous!!!! xx Janelle

Mel Nunn said...

Wow Yvette, this is beautiful. Both sides are so pretty. Well done!

Sheree said...

Wow Yvette I LOVE your quilt!!!! You've done such a gorgeous job on it!!!

Sheree xx

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Yvette! Great work.