Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas cooking

I don't really enjoy cooking meals - it's such a chore. But I love baking, especially Christmas baking. Here are a few things Tassy and I have been making lately.

Ole faithful Mini Christmas Puddings. I made about 70 of these. I took some to work for our Christmas morning tea, gave some as gifts, and will take some to mum and dad's on Christmas day.I made Florentine Slice for the first time in about a decade. Mum used to make it and I love it. And it's SO easy. This is pretty much the recipe I used.We usually do a Gingerbread House but this year we did the train for something different. None of us like to eat gingerbread. But that's not the point, is it. :) They're just fun to make, pretty to look at... and the lollies are a treat.
And for the first time we attempted some mini houses. These are the ones that inspired me...
and these are the ones we made. If you have a good imagination you may see a tiny resemblance lol. They are nothing like I would have liked, but they were fun. This is mine...
And this is Tassy's... Tassy took this photo. Is anybody home? Hello? And since they weren't gingerbread they were nice to eat. Tassy was keen...

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Mmmmm...so much yummy Christmas goodness in one post! That gingerbread train looks awesome Yvette..and the little houses are very cute!

Sheree xx

Christine said...

I can't believe you don't like gingerbread! Love your train and those little houses are so sweet!