Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A scrappy weekend

Firstly - don't forget the RAK in my previous post! You have until tomorrow night to leave a comment to be in the running to win!

Charlotte and I scrapped up a storm on the weekend. She beat me hands down with six layouts (2 of them not quite finished) while I managed three. Still, I was stoked!The first one I did was for Charlotte, using a photo of her and Will on our big family holiday at Darlington Park last year (hence the "DP" title!). I was stoked with this page and it practically made itself in no time at all. Yay, one down! What a great start! The second layout I attempted after dinner on saturday night. Maybe my excuse is that I'm not a night-time scrapper. It was NOT working for me! I mucked around with it for ages before it finally started working. Phew. Another one down.My final one is a sample for Kim's latest class so I can only show you a snippet of it. The class is called Freestyle Patchwork Scrapping and there are instructions for THREE layouts in this class! You'll love it! It's very warm and tactile and gorgeous!

10 comments:

kathie said...

Yay for three layouts in one go. More than I can ever achieve. I'm such a slooow scrapper.
The peak for Kim's class looks interesting.

Lauren Hender said...

Hi Yvette,
Your work is so inspiring. It looks like you have had such a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Lauren

Nicole said...

Can't believe how productive you two were. They all look fantastic.

Now I wish I could get my butt off here and do some too. LOL

Nicolexx

Niella said...

A M A Z I N G

and so fun too!!!

You girls rocked the layouts..love that:):)

xx.

kerry said...

Yvettee the class that you did at Kims looks really interesting love all the layouts.Take care Kerry xx

Charlotte said...

It's ok, you can tell everyone you only did 3 LO's cos I was bugging you every 5 seconds! And you made breakfast, lunch and dinner while I just sat at the table and scrapped!! You were very inspiring and for some reason I was totally in the scrappin mood! Maybe sometime you should come and stay with me and scrap! You're welcome any time!

Melanie B said...

that awesome Yvette. great LO's. Always love seeing your work & so want some of those journalling spots. Me xx

susy said...

Wow a scrappy weekend, sounds divine and the results are gorgeous. thanks for the comment you left on my blog.
cheerss
Sue.

Sheree said...

Loving all those layouts! Can't believe how much the two of you got done... and they all look awesome! (Love the sneak peek too!)

Sheree xx

Wendy Smith said...

beautiful layouts...gald you had a fun weekend as well as a creative one