Friday, August 29, 2008

Old photos

I've been scrapping some old photos again. I have so many photos from my childhood. Dad (aka Cecil B DeMille, aka Cecil B The Dill) always had a camera or video camera in his hand. I always thought he was a decent photographer but looking back at the photos I'm surprised by how unscrapworthy most of them are! Especially photos from the eighties. I have much better photos from the seventies. Maybe because Alicia, Felicity and I were younger and cuter then, lol. Charlotte wasn't born till the eighties and she was the most goooorgeous baby (apart from my baby of course) so there are lots of gorgeous photos of her. Anyway, back to scrapbooking... here's me with a broken arm. In typical doofus eevee fashion I tripped over a fairy and broke my arm, lol. Unfortunately Tassy has inherited my doofusness and is always tripping over fairies too.Here's a close up of the journalling spot (for sale here in my etsy store - recently restocked). I used a mini circle punch on the scallops and I think it looks so cute! Just eyeball the centre of each scallop and mark it with a dot before punching - much easier than eyeballing the centre with the punch!
Here I am in a ballet performance. Im the yellow canary. :) I thought I'd already shown you a sneak peek of my sample for Kim's Tarisota class but I've just realised I hadn't! Kim and Janelle have used a Tarisota kit for their samples and the rest of us used other products. I used brand new Chatterbox products and I love these fresh colours! It's a great little class! I have plenty more layouts to share soon so I'll catch you then! Have a great weekend. :)

9 comments:

Kristine said...

hey there - you have a blog award waiting over at my place!

Belinda Venables said...

I love seeing your older photos scrapped Yvette - they look fabulous!

Have a great weekend.

Belinda
xx

Charlotte said...

Awe, me a gorgeous baby? I'm blushing! Did you just write that cos you know I read your blog? Lol!! Hahahahahaha.....
I love seeing your old pics scrapped too! It makes me want to dig out some of those "gorgeous" pics and have a go. But I love your style and I don't think I could emulate such a fabulous, beautiful style (talk about blowing smoke up each other's bums.. but hey it's true). Maybe I'll print some and bring them down when I visit and you can help me scrap them! U wait til I have half Asian babies, then we'll see who's a cutie (I hope!!)
I LOVE the holes on the journal spot!! i have thought about doing it with the scallop circle punch but not when it's a journal spot and I need to get a really small punch like that one. I love it!! I love that Tassy inherited your doofuss-ness. That's something uniquely you :) {hugs!!}

Mardi said...

Hiya Yvette... the queen of the older photos!... you do them better than anyone I know!
Gorgeous layouts as usual...and I wanted to comment on that fabulous layout of your old home in Grafton....awesome layout...beautiful home...and it matches the papers so well...
Mardi x

Niella said...

Hi i i i Yvette!!

I've misssed you..heehee:)

Love the colours of your layouts and the lil' details...awesome!

Wendy Smith said...

gorgeous layouts...lovely work

Tam said...

Got to love a good LO done with older pics, and you have excelled...love it, even if you are a yellow canary :) too cute!
Have a great week xxx

helen karanfilovski said...

LOL - Max has inherited my "doofusness" too... love that word... GREAT work as usual and you do the older (and new) photos so perfectly Yvette!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Sheree said...

Oh I love seeing you scrap old pics Yvette! Both are fabulous layouts!

Have a lovely week!
Sheree xx