Wednesday, February 13, 2008

YAY!

I have a nephew! Matt and Fliss had a boy, Cooper on the weekend. I'm hoping we can go to Sydney soon to meet my first little nephew - Tassy's first cousin! BUT Tassy has a cold at the moment so we'll have to wait till she's better before we visit. So exciting! It's hard to imagine my sister with her own baby. Her job as a NICU nurse is to care for sick babies, so it's not that I can't imagine her caring for a baby, it's just weird thinking of her with her OWN baby!

I justed watched the Sorry speeches from Kevin Rudd and Brendan Nelson. Kevin's speech was fantastic and I teared up a few times. Brendan's was good too but I understand his position would have made it difficult to address this topic. I am also sorry. I hate conflict and sadness. I am all for reconciliation and peace.

2 comments:

helen karanfilovski said...

Hi Yvette,
Congrats to you and the family on the safe arrival of Cooper. I can't wait to see some pics of him.
And I was teary too this morning. It was long overdue for the country....
Helenxxxxxx

Sheree said...

That's wonderful news Yvette!! A huge congrats to your whole family!
And I agree...about time a govt finally said sorry! The personal stories you hear about what went on are just so heartbreaking.... just terrible. Can't imagine what those people went through...

Sheree xx