Friday, August 01, 2014

School holidays

Long time, no blog! 

I've been hearing the whip crack, so I thought I'd give an update on what we got up to in the school holidays.  I love school holidays!  They usually seem to go so quickly, but this time they seemed to slow down a little, so I felt like we got to enjoy it more! 

Tassy had wanted to do some crafting, so we did a bit of fimo modelling, glass painting and scrapbooking.  (I now realise that I didn't photograph Tassy's glass painting or fimo LOL.  The scrapbooking is hers tho!)








 I dragged Tassy along to Jazzercise each day, much to her chagrin.  So I took her to the shops after each class for a bit of a treat.  One day we went to San Churro (oh my goodness - LOVE!), then we saw Maleficent at the movies, which we also loved!  Here she has a hot chocolate we were sharing at San Churro - I won't make that mistake again.  We shared evenly, but half a hot chocolate is not enough!  By the way, she mustn't have hated coming to Jazz too much, because last weekend she ASKED if she could come with me - she wanted to do an hour of "nothing" (she drew pictures the whole time).


And we tried a few new recipes.  I'd always wanted to make honeycomb.  It was fun and easy and turned out pretty well, except next time I won't cook it as long as the recipe says...


A year or two ago mum gave my sisters and I a copy of the Women's Weekly Little Squares and Slices cookbook.  She loved it when she bought herself a copy, especially loving the styling.  She found out later that her friend's daughter was the stylist!  And she'd used a lot of her mother's and grandmother's tableware.  which made mum love the cookbook even more!  It is a beautiful book and I am working my way through the recipes.  This time we made raspberry chocolate brownies and boy they were so good.  I do love a good brownie, but with the addition of tart raspberries - wow!


Tassy also had a sleepover for a friend's birthday, which was aaaaalmost a 24 hour sleepover!  Although, of course, not a lot of sleep was had.  I think they got about 5 hours sleep and surprising Tassy wasn't obnoxious the following day.  Maybe she can handle it better as she gets older.  They went ice skating too - it was 24 hours of party!  It was really nice for Tassy's parents too, who tried a new restaurant and enjoyed some quality time.  Oh, two new restaurants actually, cos we went out for dinner then lunch the following day!

3 comments:

Mardi said...

Its so lovely to read what you have been up too... you frequent the most amazing eateries.. and are always embracing a new craft..new book...new endeavor.. its a joy to read..
Mardi x

Granny Janny said...

So glad you are enjoying the cookbook.
I agree with Mardi, you do go to such interesting eateries. I guess Canberra has so much on offer. Our Balgowmie Village has a new Cafe to add to our re-vamped two Italian Restaurants and soon to open NEW pattiserie Nourished at Bally. Can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous said...

I send you fb note in your other inbox