Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Inspired to scrapbook (finally)

I still call myself a scrapbooker but I haven't scrapbooked much at all this year. Yesterday I was inspired to record a memory after Mardi mentioned bedtime reading on her blog recently. It reminded me of the time I was reading a Dr Seuss book to almost-two-year-old Tassy and paused before the end of the line. I didn't realise that she had learned the book by heart until she piped up with the missing words! I didn't have a reading photo to go with the memory so I just chose a photo of her taken around the same time.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page to go with such a beautiful memory. I love the red flowers in contrast to Tassy's blue coat. Wasn't she a cutie. Wasn't she plump and round, not like the tall string bean she has become!
Such beautiful memories you have put together in a treasure book for Tassy and her future family.
Love Mum

Mardi said...

Awww that's adorable Yvette......I loved that my post triggered such a beautiful memory AND that you scrapped it.....I miss our crazy scrapbooking days....but I'm pleased that of late Ive got back into it a bit more too...
Love it..xx
(PS Thanks for sharing that beautiful story with us all...)

Anonymous said...

aw what a lovely story Yvette!! And that Mardi's post not only triggered a memory BUT inspired you to do a scrapbook layout. Woo hoo. Yeah not much scrapbooking around here either.... KIM

Lea said...

ohhh look at that little Tassy. I really like this page too, the colours, the corner frames around the pic. must scrapbook again;)

Charlotte said...

Awe, look at sweet little Tassy! I love the book paper with birds on it, so pretty! Yay for scrapping again!