Sunday, December 18, 2011

Op Shopping

I had a lovely day Op Shopping with Moira during the week. We spent about an hour and a half in the first shop! We whipped thru the second and spent a long time in the third. We got some great things!


There's some sheet music for crafting, some bias binding, some woodgrain print wallpaper, a very cool fruit print paper tablecloth that I'll use for present wrapping, dress patterns for present wrapping, a dress and two summer tops.

Plus this beautiful tree ornament.


A big roll of paper table cloth - the ladies cheered cos they were happy to be rid of it LOL. I'll use it for present wrapping.


These beautiful little glass bowls - they're the perfect size for a little bit of ice cream.


Moira found a panel of gorgeous vintage Christmas prints and gave me half (THANKS MOI!). Aren't they fab! I will make a cushion from one or two - and maybe some hoop art from another one. Any other ideas??


And a pile of books for my already enormous piles.


Of Mice and Men - cos it's a classic I've never read AND I love the Popular Penguins
If You Could See Me Now - cos it's by the same author as PS I Love You (which haven't read but I loved the movie)
Rebecca - loved the movie but never read the book!
The Emerald Forest - again loved the movie as a teenager and this book was written after the movie
The Twits - Roald Dahl book for Tassy, which she read in a flash
Wuthering Heights - oops, turns out I already have a copy of this
Great Expectations - yep - I love classics
Death of a Salesman - another classic - a play this time
Cold Mountain - well Mum loved the movie and I didn't, but I'm going to give the book a try

I'm linking to Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds today - check it out to see other cool Op Shop finds!

9 comments:

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Great finds!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Zara said...

ohh I love being able to take my time while op-shopping.
The dress and tops are very pretty. x

Cathy said...

lovely things!!! great shopping!

sue said...

Op shopping with a pal is twice as much fun is'nt it? great idea to use the paper tablecloths as wrapping paper - cool rectcling!

Lotti said...

What a wonderful time you had op shopping ..... Of Mice and Men ... I adore that book. I love buying books at the op shop, you pick up such great bargains and all for a song.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha .. vintage christmas print fabric, I have all of them... vintage? ha ha ha.
aaj

Gina said...

O, the book is so much better than the movie version of Cold Mountain (in my opinion, anyway!)

I keep enormous book piles to someday be read too.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. I have those vintage Christmas Prints too. Auntie Julie and I must have gone halves in them about 25 years ago!!!!! I hooped mine and decorated them with glitter pens and glass beads. I don't think I have them anymore.....but you never know. Boy everything goes around and comes around, around and around!!
Love Mum

WV: Xamralin
Van Halins brother.

Anonymous said...

Twas a great day! I love my shoes and denim jacket. And the music stand! I have some work to do soon ...
Moi