Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bloggy advent calendar DAY 10

A forest of Christmas trees. I have quite a collection, which grew of its own accord. Actually I think half of these were from Mum! She gave me four just a few weeks ago! Yes Mum, I know I still have to cover up the oasis on one you gave me last year!


I love this one Mum made me last Christmas.


I have a few others around which aren't even in the forest! Tassy and I made these a few years ago using lots of paper flowers from my scrapbooking stash. I had so many and was happy to have culled my supply!


And these two buttons trees - I made the back one a few years ago and the red and white one I made earlier in this year. Every time I went to a fabric shop I'd send Tassy over to the button bin to fill up a scoop of red and white buttons for my button tree. She loved doing that and it kept her occupied the whole time I browsed (and purchased)! I learnt from the first button tree that it's a good idea to hot glue the buttons to the cone so they don't come out! Eventually I'll go back and hot glue the first tree... eventually...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love mini christmas trees, ive got a little collection happening myself (really must photo them) with some made ones and brought ones. Love your button one!

Lotti said...

I love all these Christmas Trees. They are so pretty and I love the way that you have been all sitting together ... makes for a beautiful display.

Charlotte said...

Great forest!! They look so good grouped together. If only I had a house with a fireplace, I could do so much on a mantle!! You do well without a fireplace tho!!