Monday, November 21, 2011

Op Shop Swap

Lea told me about an Op Shop Swap recently and Charlotte and I were keen to sign up. Unfortunately for some reason Lea missed out on being included in the swap which was a huge disappointment. :(

Now that my partner Nicole has received her package I can show you what I sent her! The brief was 1-3 items from an Op Shop, a handmade item and a Christmas themed item. Max value $15.


So here are the Op Shop items. A sweet little figurine...


This retro linen teatowel - it's all crushed cos I had wrapped the figurine in it before I decided to take photos.


A gorgeous old copy of Black Beauty (which coincidentally Tassy has just read - ours is a new copy and I would have kept this if we didn't already have a copy!).


I love the name, address and date inside (another coincidence - my parents were living in the tiny town of Cootamundra when they fell pregnant with me - then they moved to Sydney not long before I was born).

Plus a few bonus British Snaps cos I love them and got lots at the Op Shop a little while ago!


And I made two things - the ring is my token "handmade" item and other is my Christmas themed item.



I'm so glad you like them Nicole!

4 comments:

nicole said...

like them? love them!!!
i've still got the box sitting on my kitchen table, waiting for the 1st of december so i can put up that gorgeous ornament.
i also think i'm going to have to find a frame for that tea towel :D it needs to be on display too!
thanks again!!!
xoxo

Charlotte said...

Cool stuff! I'm glad Nicole liked them :) the swap was my first swap & I thought it was fun (and a little stressful! Lol!)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! How cool is the teatowel! (Memories of my Mum's 70s assortment of teatowels ...)

Sheree said...

What a fun idea Yvette! Love all the goodies you included in your box!!

Sheree xx