Friday, July 30, 2010

Quilt in progress

I had a layout published in Scrapbook Trends back in February and this week I finally got my two copies of the magazine, layout and payment! The poor parcel man - I've been stalking him for months waiting for it to arrive. Well I am giving away my extra copy of the magazine so please leave me a comment on this post and I will choose someone at random! Come on, leave a comment. No excuses (unless you already have it - that's the only excuse I'll accept).


I'm about three quarters of the way thru Tassy's quilt top. Boy it's sooooo much faster than the last quilt I made! I love it and think the colours look much better in real life than they look in any of the photos I've posted on my blog.



In other news... I got out of my recent speeding fine! Woot! But I did learn my lesson and have been much more careful trying to stick close to the speed limit. Dave was disgusted that I got the infringement withdrawn. He threw the letter on the floor and stamped on it. He declared he will wear a blonde wig and speed past all the speed cameras so I get another fine. I declare that he is quite immature and should be happy that I saved us $157 (which I wouldn't have had to have saved if I hadn't sped - but I don't think that's the point now, is it?).

10 comments:

Sheree said...

Oh the quilt top is looking gorgeous Yvette! I've just been making one very similar with a friend. It's the first time either of us have had a go at making a quilt and it was so much fun! I'm going to make one for Madi very soon...just as soon as I find a little extra time! :)

Hey well done on getting out of your fine! LOL about Dave.

Sheree xx

MadonnaDunn said...

me me!! pick me!! lol. Glad you got out of the speeding fine!! hehee. Funny!

Loving the quilt top! Looking great!! Can't wait to see it finished and on the bed!!

Kirsty Hilton said...

Always love looking at your beautiful scrapbooking pages and other craft projects.

Charlotte said...

Ooohh, the quilt looks beautiful!!

hehehe, I can imagine Dave stamping on your fine! Good for you, now don't speed!! Then you wont have this prob again! LOL!

Pick me for the mag! I can come collect it myself at the end of Aug!!

WV: stions
Remember those wire baskets filled with rocks that Dad used to build dam walls from... Ba-stions?

Anonymous said...

wow, I love that magazine, how exciting that you have a layout in it!! I would love to win it and see your layout, otherwise guess I have to look for it in the shops. I'm in Canberra. Jody

Kelly said...

Your quilt is looking gorgeous Yvette!

And I 'd love a copy of ST. Pretty please xxx

Kim W said...

Yvette the quilt is looking fantastic. I love all your scrapbooking and craft projects and love to get on here and see what you have been creating. I would love to put my name in the hat to win a copy of the magazine. Kim W

Cherie said...

Congrats on the published layout and getting out of the speeding fine...hehehe

I love the fabric you have chosen for the quilt Yvette, its just gorgeous, I bet Tassy can't wait for you to finish it.

Take care
Cherie x

Kirsten said...

I love the colours in your quilt Yvette - it looks gorgeous so far!!!

Mel Nunn said...

Yvette I love the red dot you have scattered through the quilt! So gorgeous...

I love scrapbook trends too, so congrats on the publication!

Mel xx