Monday, February 09, 2009

Simply Fresh Kits

Simply Fresh Kits is a brand new kit site and I was asked to be a guest designer for February. I used the kit "Love is in the Air" but it's generic enough to use for themes other than love. I've created three layouts, only one is Valentiney, which I'll share with you soon. In the meantime here are a few little peeks. They have a blog too.Like lots of other parts of Australia we have had some really hot weather lately. What do you do when it's 40C and you want to get out of the house? You go ice skating!Apparently, so does the rest of Canberra. When we went 2 years ago we were the only ones there for an hour, then another couple came near the end of our session. It was certainly cooler than being outside, but we didn't need gloves and jackets like last time. You could feel the heat coming from the big roller doors on the side of the building. Tassy fell over SO many times and got absolutely saturated. The ice was very wet, obviously melting a little. Tassy had a ball, but didn't skate as well as she did two years ago. Dave thought maybe she was too confident and didn't want to listen to our advice, lol. But we had such a great time.

I also wanted to say I'm so sad about the devastation the horrible fires in Victoria have caused. So many lives lost, it's just impossible to fathom...

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Gorgeous pages! I love how you put together a little collection of things around the journalling spots. How come I just can't get it together like you can?! You're genious :)

WV: Sessi: You're sexy and sessi (with a Kiwi accent)

Lea said...

I hope you had a fun time Tassy. I wish I could ice skate too. Love Bellax

Anonymous said...

I'm devastated too and my heart breaks for those that have lost family members. There are so many husbands who went to fight the fires whose wives and children died in their own homes. That would be the hardest! Like Dad's grandmother. I'm sure Cooper wonders why his Mummy cries every time she turns on the TV...